Devotional: Dreamers Become Fruitful
In Genesis 49:22-26, it says that Joseph will be fruitful and blessed. He is compared to a fruitful vine near a spring, which means he will grow and prosper abundantly. The phrase “climbing over a wall” means he will overcome obstacles and achieve great things, even surpassing what others think is possible. This passage teaches us that dreamers, like Joseph, who hold on to their visions and trust in God, can achieve wonderful things in life and inspire others to follow their dreams too. It shows that with faith and determination, we can experience a fruitful and fulfilling life.
Questions for Meditation
- In Genesis 49:22-26, what symbolic imagery is used to describe Joseph’s future blessings and prosperity?
- If Jesus isn’t our private spring and our source, what other things become our sources? And what happens when we depend on other sources other than Jesus?
- How does Jesus being our private spring bring nourishment, guidance, and growth in our lives?
- How does the phrase “climbing over a wall” in the passage illustrate Joseph’s ability to overcome challenges and bear remarkable fruit?
- What walls in other people’s lives are you called to reach over?
- What walls in your own life can God give you the strength and courage to reach over?