Devotional: Provision is Always Possible
In Mark 8, Jesus feels compassion on the group of people following him and tells the disciples to feed them. Jesus is always dialed into the needs of his people. The disciples were flustered, but Jesus used their confusion to build their faith. Jesus teaches them a leadership lesson, that provision is always possible. Instead of looking away, He showed them that the source of provision was in Him, and not in the other places they were turning. By taking what was in their hands and multiplying it, He fed the 4000 people, but also showed them that true provision comes when we place what we have in His hands.
Questions For Meditation
- Why do we sometimes look to other places for provision than from God?
- What happens when we don’t look to God for provision?
- Why do we sometimes think that God has overlooked us or is not near to us and our needs?
- What is an offering in the Bible?
- What stops us from offering God what’s in our hands?
- What do you have in your hand that God wants to use?