Devotional: The Miracle of Guidance
In Matthew 2:1-6, we see God’s miraculous guidance displayed through the journey of the wise men seeking the newborn King. These influencers of their time were simply led by a star. In this narrative, we witness both human faith and divine intervention. It reminds us that God’s guidance often comes in unexpected ways. The star symbolizes God’s ability to use both the ordinary and the extraordinary to lead us toward His purpose. In our lives, we may encounter various “stars”—situations, people, or divine nudges—that beckon us to journey closer to God. The magi’s story inspires us to pay attention to the subtle and miraculous ways in which God directs our steps. Just as the wise men were overjoyed upon reaching Jesus, our faithful obedience to God’s guidance brings us into the presence of the divine, where we experience the fullness of His love and purpose for our lives. Today, let us open our hearts to the guiding light of God’s miracles, trusting that He continues to lead us on a journey of faith, discovery, and divine encounter.
Questions For Meditation
- How was Jesus’ lordship declared at His birth?
- What was the difference between the wisemen’s response and Herod’s response?
- What prompted Herod’s response?
- How do we keep Jesus as Lord?
- In what ways is God trying to shepherd you?
- In what ways have you not allowed God to shepherd you? Ask for God to show you, and for wisdom in following His leading and guidance.