Week 10 // Have you been positioned?
Our position in the Kingdom of God is what connects our fruitfulness to the plan and strategy of God. In every progression of human civilization, trees have made an impact and have been necessary for advancement. Similarly, we too are called to make an impact regardless of what’s happening in our world. Through shifts and changes in generations and cultures, God has continually positioned His people to be influencers. God wants to position us to be distributors of the life-giving waters of salvation. We are meant to be strategically planted by God so that we can bring water and bring life. Wherever trees are, rain falls because trees help to bring rain; wherever we are, we have the potential to bring the rain of God’s salvation and blessing.
Questions for Meditation
- Why is it that we cannot be publicly fruitful with being privately healthy?
- In John 15, Jesus says that he no longer call us servants, but he calls us friends. Why is this important?
- Why is it that our appointing is the outflow of our friendship with God?
- What happens when we try to jump to appointment before friendship?
- John 15 also shows us that we more than chosen; we are appointed with a purpose. What happens when we recognize that we are appointed by God?
- Do you feel that you know your position and appointment? Have you taken it? Meditate on why or why not, and what the possibilities hold for God’s Kingdom when you do.