Devotional: Align With His Mind
In the third and final week of our series called Spiritual Alignment we see that we need to align with God’s mind. When we are aligned with God’s mind we are receiving the revelation that he wants us to receive and therefore thinking the thoughts that he wants us to think. Following Jesus is inextricably tied to the way we think. The apostle Paul indicates that Jesus followers will be transformed by the renewing of their minds (Romans 12:2).
So, how do we align ourselves with God’s mind in such a way that we will live transformed lives? First, we need to read and meditate on the Bible–the source of revelation. And second, we need to pray for revelation–the way of receiving God’s promises at a personal level. We once again noticed that the barrier to aligning with God’s mind is mental fear, which we need to renounce deeply.
Questions for Meditation:
- This series has been, amongst other things, a study in spiritual gifts. We live our best lives for Jesus when our God-given gifts are set on fire by his Spirit. Have you discerned your spiritual gift(s)? What are they? Are you living with them on fire?
- What does it mean to align with God’s mind?
- How do we align ourselves with God’s mind? What needs to change in your life to more effectively align with God’s mind?
- Fear packages manifest themselves as a demonic strategy aimed at destabilizing your mind from aligning with God’s. How does the Enemy try to destabilize your thought-life from God’s revelation?
- What does it practically look like to renounce fear deeply at the mental level?
- Since the Christian journey is not one that we do alone, how can we help each other to align with Christ’s mind?
- What Bible-reading goals do you have so that you can grow in “a godly life through the knowledge of [Jesus]?” (2 Peter 1:3)